As a woman, u want to build up your muscles easily but visibly, lose fat and tighten your skin? The path to the dream figure is not easy and raises many questions. One of them is whether dumbbell training is useful for women or whether endurance training on the cross trainer brings faster results? The answer + helpful tips can now be found in this post!
Does dumbbell training make sense for women? Or is endurance training enough?
If you are satisfied with your figure as a woman and you just want to get a little fitter, then regular endurance training and a healthy diet are just right for you .
To declare war on the fat cells, all that helps is sweating, sweating, sweating, if possible three times a week for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
However, if you want to go one step further by tightening your stomach, legs, buttocks and arms through light muscle building, dumbbell training for women is absolutely the best Choice!
IMPORTANT: You must be aware that you will not get tight curves through endurance training alone. You will achieve a firm, round buttocks as well as firm legs and arms mainly through hard muscle training with heavy weights!
Example muscle building training plan for women
For firmer legs, arms and a flatter stomach in a few weeks, I recommend that you follow the training plan for women. This training plan is suitable for beginners. After 3 months you should change the training plan by getting the abdominals-buttocks training plan for advanced people !
Training unit 1: legs, buttocks, stomach
- 3 sets of dumbbell squats , 8-10 reps per set
- 3 sets of dumbbell lunges, 10-12 reps per set
- 3 sets of pelvic raises, 10-12 reps per set
- 2 sets of leg raises on all fours , 10-12 reps
- 3 sets of crunches, 10-12 reps per set
- 2 sets of hip raises , 10-12 repetitions per set
Training unit 2: back, chest, arms
- 4 sets of one-armed dumbbell rows, 8-10 reps per set
- 4 sets of dumbbell bench presses, 10-12 reps per set
- 3 sets of lateral raises, 10-12 reps per set
- 3 sets of biceps curls, 10-12 reps per set
- 3 sets of kickbacks , 10-12 reps per set
The following pattern is used for training:
- Monday: Training session 1
- Wednesday: Training session 2
- Thursday: training break
- Friday: Training session 1
- Saturday: training break and
- Sunday: Endurance training – 30-40 minutes running or cycling on the ergometer at low speed without a break.
- You then start the following Monday with Training Unit 2
How to find suitable dumbbells for women
Dumbbell training for women also requires the matching dumbbells. If you want to train at home, you can easily find dumbbells on the internet.
Women who have just started training should not choose weights that are too heavy. In order to reduce the risk of injury, it is advisable to start with moderate weight and gradually increase the training weight as you become more fit.
With most dumbbells, for example in the gym, weight can be easily added or removed using discs. So you can adjust the weight to your training level. Small dumbbells, like this one here with a very low weight, which do not work with discs but are made uniformly, are also popular with women.
Dumbbell for women made of neoprene
- Steel core with colored neoprene coating
- comfortable and sweat-resistant grip
- Star-shaped dumbbells – protection against rolling away
- different colors per weight
These dumbbells are particularly suitable for all women who want to combine endurance training with strength training. Whether for jogging, inline skating, Tae Bo, aerobics or Zumba – with the little companion in your hands you train your arms with every movement.
So if you have neither time nor inclination to insert a weight unit after endurance training, such small dumbbells are a practical companion.
Conclusion – dumbbell training for women
Women should train with the same intensity as men , which means that the weights should not be chosen too light, but in such a way that just 10-12 repetitions per set are possible. Women should also do strength training at least 3 times a week in order to achieve visible results in the shortest possible time!